Sam Houston State defeats Texas A&M-CC 61-57Friday, Jan 4, 2013
Gatson was 4 of 7 from the field.
Paul Baxter scored 13 points. DeMarcus Gatlin had 12 points, and Nathaniel Mason added 10. Terrance Motley had nine rebounds and eight points for the Bearkats (8-5).
The Bearkats led 27-21 at halftime. Both teams had 15 turnovers, but Sam Houston State was able to get 19 points off those committed by the Islanders. The Bearkats shot 40.9 percent from the field for the game, while the Islanders shot 39 percent.
Johnathan Jordan led the Islanders with 13 points and five assists. Joy Williamson had nine rebounds for the Islanders (1-11).
- Wolfpack look to continue offensive success, visit Crimson Tide
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics