Northeastern comes back, beats George Mason 84-74Thursday, Jan 3, 2013
Zach Stahl chipped in 15 points for the Huskies (6-7), who snapped a five-game losing streak.
Sherrod Wright led the Patriots (7-5) with 19 points, and Vertrail Vaughns scored 13.
Northeastern shot 52.8 percent from the field (28 of 53) and 56.3 percent from 3-point range (9 of 16). The Huskies outscored the Patriots 19-11 from the foul line.
Trailing 37-30 at halftime, the Huskies tied it at 42 on David Walker’s dunk 3:46 in. The Patriots led 50-44 on Sherrod Wright’s layup with 13:15 to go, but Northeastern finally pulled ahead 60-58 on Demetrius Pollard’s 3-pointer with 6:55 left.
Zach Stahl’s three-point play made it 73-63 with 3:09 to go, and the Huskies cruised to the victory.
- Roy Williams insists dizzy spells are no big deal
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma
- No. 10 West Virginia routs TCU 73-42
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66