Royer was 5 of 8 from 3 point range. Redshirt freshman guard Reese Morgan had a career-high 16 points for the Mustangs (6-6, 2-0 Big West). Kyle Odister had 12 points, and Brian Bennett added 11. Chris Eversley had eight rebounds, and Jamal Johnson had eight assists.
Cal Poly led 34-32 at halftime. Both teams shot 43 percent from the field for the game, but the Mustangs had more rebounds 38-34. The 49ers committed 13 turnovers, and the Mustangs made 19 points off those turnovers.
James Ennis scored 22 points to lead Long Beach State (5-8, 1-1). Keala King came off the bench to score 16 points and grab 10 rebounds. Mike Caffey had 13 points.
The Mustangs beat the 49ers for the first time in seven games.
- Hester leads Alabama A&M past Southern 65-54
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier