PROVO, Utah (AP)—Matt Carlino scored 21 points, including four 3-point baskets, and BYU rolled to a 92-51 victory over Loyola Marymount on Thursday night.
Tyler Haws scored 20 points for the Cougars (11-4, 1-0 West Coast) and Brandon Davies had 12 points.
BYU had a 55-28 rebounding advantage. Josh Sharp had 12 and Haws and Davies had nine each.
Loyola Marymount (7-7, 0-1) had an early 6-point lead, but BYU went on a 25-6 run, including a 16-0 burst, to get control of the game.
BYU outscored Loyola Marymount 36-18 in the paint, 19-8 off turnovers and 28-19 off the bench.
- Midnight Madness-ness: Tom Izzo, looking for a drum circle
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72