North Carolina Central (7-7), leading 27-24 at halftime, outscored Winthrop (6-6) 37-33 in the second half. North Carolina Central took a 44-29 lead before Derrick Henry and Larry Brown got Winthrop back in it.
Henry came off the bench to score 16 points. Brown, the only Winthrop starter in double figures, had a career-high 15.
Ingram’s 22 points came on 4 treys in 6 3-point attempts. He finished 5 of 8 from the floor, but his free-throw shooting was critical. Ingram went 8 for 8 at the stripe.
Stanton Kidd added 14 points for North Carolina Central and Ray Willis had 10.
North Carolina Central had a decisive edge in 3-point shooting, making 8 of 17 from beyond the arc. Winthrop was just 2 of 10 on treys.
- Earls, Uzoh carry Tulsa over North Florida 83-66
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending