The Big Red (6-8) never trailed and led by as many as 17 points in the first half and 22 in the second.
The Bearcats (2-11), who lost their seventh in a row, still trailed 76-65 with 4:54 remaining. They cut the deficit to 76-72 with 1:25 left, but Chemerinski’s offensive rebound and layup made it 78-72 at the 0:55 mark.
Reed quickly answered with a 3-pointer to make it 78-75, but Galal Cancer made 1 of 2 free throws with 8 seconds left for Cornell.
Reed finished with 23 points and 14 rebounds for Binghamton, which shot 69.6 percent (16 of 23) in the second half. Rayner Moquete added 19 points.
Nolan Cressler and Dominick Scelfo scored 14 apiece and Shonn Miller 12 for Cornell.
- A Marist lawsuit could have big ramifications for college hoops
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team