Missouri State beats Southern Illinois 70-59Sunday, Dec 30, 2012
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Anthony Downing scored 16 points and Nathan Scheer scored 15, going 5 for 5 from 3-point range, as Missouri State ended an eight-game losing streak by beating Southern Illinois 70-59 Sunday night.
Marcus Marshall added 11 points for the Bears (3-10) in the Missouri Valley Conference opener for both schools. Missouri State shot 54 percent in each half.
Kendal Brown-Surles led the Salukis (7-5) with 12 points. Anthony Beane Jr. scored 11.
Scheer had three of his 3-pointers in the first half as the Bears led 39-32 at the break. An 11-0 run in the second half, featuring 3-pointers from Scheer, Downing and Marshall, put the Bears in front 58-46 with 6:16 to play.
- Stanford improves to 6-0 at home with an 84-58 win over Sac State
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics