Youngstown State blows out Marygrove 93-52Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP)—Blake Allen and Kendrick Perry each scored 17 points and had eight and six assists, respectively, to lead Youngstown State past Marygrove 93-52 Saturday in a nonconference matchup.
Bobby Hain chipped in with 13 points and a game-high eight rebounds as Youngstown State (8-5) outrebounded its NAIA opponent 51-25.
The Penguins dominated inside, outscoring the Mustangs 50-24 in the paint.
Trailing 4-3 early, Youngstown State outscored Marygrove 40-13 the rest of the first half. Allen and Perry combined for seven 3-pointers in the half, and the Penguins held Marygrove to 30.8 percent shooting in the period to take a 43-17 lead into halftime.
Youngstown State led by as many as 42 points in the second half.
Marygrove (1-15) had two players score in double figures, Zamarre Neely finished with 13 points and Diante Taylor had 11.
- Youngstown State blows out Marygrove 93-52
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72