Pearson leads Toledo past Illinois-Chicago 74-55Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Rian Pearson recorded his first double-double of the season with 24 points and 10 rebounds, and Toledo pulled away to beat Illinois-Chicago 74-55 Saturday in a nonconference matchup.
Reese Holliday added 16 points, and Nathan Boothe finished with 10 points, seven rebounds and a career-high four blocks for Toledo (4-6).
Holliday made three 3-pointers and scored 11 points in the first half to help the Rockets take a 39-30 lead into halftime.
Ahead 47-40 with 15:05 left in the second half, Toledo went on an 18-5 run to push the lead to 20, 65-45, with 5:55 left to play.
Illinois-Chicago (9-4) shot 34.5 percent (10 for 29) in the second half.
Pearson scored 15 points in the second half, and Toledo made 12 of 14 free throws in the period to seal the victory.
Daniel Barnes went 6 of 10 from deep to lead the Flames with 18 points.
- Davidson wins with Reggie Miller-esque miracle finish
- Alabama holds off slumping No. 15 Texas A&M, 63-62
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65