Mackey, Louisiana-Monroe beat Fla. Atlantic 65-64Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
Jayon James scored a career-high 26 points with 10 rebounds, while Mackey added 19 points for the Warhawks (2-7, 1-2 Sun Belt Conference), who scored the final five points of the contest.
Louisiana-Monroe trailed 40-30 with 15:13 left, but trimmed the deficit to 56-55 with 3:30 to go.
The Owls (6-8, 2-2) rebuilt a six-point cushion and still led by four with 54 seconds remaining.
After James made a layup, Florida Atlantic’s Stefan Moody missed two foul shots with 35 seconds left. Kyle Koszuta’s 3-point attempt missed with 16 seconds to go and Marcelis Hansberry got the offensive rebound and fed Mackey for his fifth trey. Mackey has made at least five 3-pointers in three straight games.
Greg Gantt led Florida Atlantic with 25 points.
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72
- Walton, Michigan hang on to beat Minnesota 82-74
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'