BEAUMONT, Texas (AP)—Stan Brown scored a career-high 18 points to lead Lamar past LIU Brooklyn 81-80 Saturday, snapping a six-game losing streak.
Brown, who grabbed six rebounds, made the game-winning basket with 16 seconds to play. Keilan Blanks, who gave Brown an assist on the game-winning shot, also scored 18 points.
Rhon Mitchell added 16 points, and Brennan Doty led Lamar (2-10) with eight rebounds.
Lamar led 40-31 at halftime. Lamar shot 55 percent from the field for the game, while the Blackbirds (5-7) shot 44.8 percent.
After Brown put Lamar on top 81-80, LIU Brooklyn missed two opportunities to win the game when E. J. Reed and C.J. Garner missed shots.
Garner led LIU Brooklyn with 15 points. Jason Brickman had 10 points and 11 assists. Reed added 14 points, and Jamal Olasewere led with nine rebounds.
- Second-half barrage from C.J. Wilcox rescues Washington
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold