Alabama State downs Auburn Montgomery 73-50Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
Luther Page had 16 points and nine rebounds for Alabama State (4-7) in the battle of the Montgomery teams.
Brett Person scored 12 points, and Reshad Bickham had 10 points and eight rebounds for Auburn Montgomery (4-7), a NAIA school from the Southern States Athletic Conference.
Alabama State shot 11 of 33 from the field and 1 of 16 from 3-point range in the first half—the Spartans led only 28-27 at the break—then made 18 of 24 from the field and 4 of 9 on 3-pointers in the second half.
From 42-35 at 12:43 of the second half, Alabama State eventually pushed the advantage to 67-43 at 3:42.
The Hornets lead the series 25-7.
- Brown scores 15 in Pacific's 71-65 win at Santa Clara
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier