Northwestern defeats Brown 63-42By SARAH TROTTO, Associated Press Sunday, Dec 23, 2012
Kale Abrahamson, Alex Marcotullio and Tre Demps each had nine points for the Wildcats (9-4) in their final game before Big Ten play begins.
Sean McGonagill scored 20 points to lead Brown (3-6), which has lost three straight and five of six.
Northwestern made 13 of 24 from 3-point range, with Sobolewski and Marcotullio each hitting three. Six Wildcat players made at least one 3-pointer.
Reggie Hearn, leading Northwestern with 14.5 points per game, did not play because of an ankle injury suffered in Friday’s 70-68 loss to Stanford. Marcotullio started in Hearn’s place.
- Miami (Ohio)-Notre Dame Preview
- Denzel Valentine-led No. 8 Michigan State tops Indiana 88-69
- Lydon's 20 points helps Syracuse beat Boston College 75-61
- No. 2 Maryland loses at home to Wisconsin, 70-57
- Crazy play, crazier win: Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia at buzzer
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Grant leads No. 21 Irish over Miami (Ohio) 74-62
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- Bond helps Temple top South Florida 77-65
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66