Louisiana Lafayette pulls away from Duquesne 91-79Saturday, Dec 22, 2012
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP)—Shawn Long scored 23 points and pulled down 14 rebounds as Louisiana Lafayette roared back from a halftime deficit to beat Duquesne 91-79 on Saturday night.
Bryant Mbamalu had 22 points—all in the second half—Steven Wronkoski scored 12 and Elridge Moore 10 for the Ragin’ Cajuns (5-8), who outscored the Dukes 58-41 in the second half, shooting 20 of 28 from the field and 6 of 8 on 3-pointers after the break.
Derrick Colter had 25 points, Sean Johnson 16 and Jeremiah Jones 12 for the Dukes (7-6).
Louisiana Lafayette trailed 38-33 at halftime, but the Rajin’ Cajuns chipped away, catching Duquesne at 49-all on Wronkoski’s layup with 13:43 to go.
Mbamalu made two jumpers and a 3-pointer for a 59-53 lead. Louisiana Lafayette then pushed it to 72-62 on Long’s 3-pointer at the 7:04 mark, and the Ragin’ Cajuns pulled away for the victory.
- Kentucky has fired John Calipari
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne