Youngstown State defeats Bethune-Cookman 67-51Friday, Dec 21, 2012
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP)—Kendrick Perry scored 15 points and Damian Eargle and Blake Allen contributed triple-doubles to lead Youngstown State over Bethune-Cookman 67-51 Friday night in a nonconference game.
Eargle had 13 points and 11 rebounds, and Allen added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Penguins (7-5). Bobby Hain scored 14 points and Perry had seven assists and eight rebounds for Youngstown State, which had a 50-32 rebounding edge.
Youngstown State led by as many as 16 points in the first half and 33-21 at halftime before Bethune-Cookman (5-9) got within five points, 48-43, with 9:50 left.
Two free throws by Perry, a 3-pointer by Allen and an Eargle jumper restored the lead to double figures, 59-48. Bethune-Cookman got it down to 59-51 with 2:40 left before Youngstown State scored the final eight points.
Adrien Coleman scored 17 points and Alex Smith had 13 points and 10 rebounds to pace the Wildcats.
- Duke will face another national champ in its exhibition opener
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56