Wilford, SE Missouri turn back New Orleans 94-71Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Corey Wilford scored 18 points, including five 3-pointers, and Southeast Missouri coasted to a 94-71 victory over New Orleans on Wednesday night.
It was the second victory for Southeast Missouri (7-6) over New Orleans (3-7) this season.
Southeast Missouri held a slim 42-39 lead at halftime, then went on a 16-9 run to open the second half.
Nino Johnson scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds for Southeast Missouri.
New Orleans had three men score in double figures. Corey Blake had 13 points, Cory Dixon had 12 and Eddie Denard had 11.
Lucas Nutt had 10 assists for Southeast Missouri.
- KU flying high again
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72