The Hawkeyes (10-2) are off to their best start since 2004-05.
Marble scored 21 points in the first half—one more than South Carolina State (4-8) did as a team. The junior guard connected on a season-high six 3-pointers. He played only four minutes in the second half.
The Hawkeyes led 11-9 early in the first half when they exploded with a 19-4 run during a six-minute stretch.
Matthew Hezekiah led South Carolina State with 12 points. The Bulldogs shot only 25 percent from the floor.
- Brandon Davies withdraws from school, but plans to be back at BYU
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63