Nebraska-Omaha rallies by Benedictine (Kan.) 74-70Tuesday, Dec 18, 2012
OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Justin Simmons scored a season-high 32 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, helping Nebraska-Omaha hold off NAIA program Benedictine for a 74-70 victory Tuesday night.
Simmons, who scored 36 points in a game last season for Butler Community College in El Dorado, Kan., also assisted on Caleb Steffensmeier’s only basket of the game, a 3-pointer with 1:59 left that put the Mavericks (3-10) ahead for good, 70-68—UNO’s first lead of the second half. Simmons added a layup and two free throws in the final seconds to seal the win.
John Karhoff chipped in 17 points off the bench for UNO, and CJ Carter scored 10. The game was the Mavericks’ first at home since a 96-86 loss to Saint Mary on Nov. 11, and UNO was 1-9 on the road since then.
Charlie Wallrapp scored 18 points to lead the Ravens, who treated the game as an exhibition.
- Nebraska-Omaha rallies by Benedictine (Kan.) 74-70
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending