Western Illinois beats Illinois-Chicago 70-54Tuesday, Dec 18, 2012
Jack Houpt scored 12 points for the Leathernecks (8-3), who took permanent control with a 12-0 run over a 4:17 stretch in the second half.
Joey Miller had 15 points and Josh Crittle 14 for the Flames (9-2), whose eight-game winning streak was snapped.
Five points by Parks and a 3-pointer by Ceola highlighted the 12 consecutive points Western Illinois used to pull away. Illinois-Chicago trailed by just two points before going scoreless in a stretch of 6:24 in which it went 0 for 5 from the floor with two turnovers.
A free throw by Parks made the score 48-34 with 9:49 remaining, and the Flames got no closer than nine the rest of the way.
- Western Illinois beats Illinois-Chicago 70-54
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue