EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Dan Trist and Seth Hinrichs had 14 points apiece and 10 other teammates scored in Lafayette’s 86-62 win over Arcadia Tuesday night.
Lafayette (5-8), which also got double-figure scoring from Bryce Scott (10 points), came out firing against the Division III Knights. The Leopards shot a sizzling 60.7 percent for the game, hitting 34 of 56 shots from the field. In the first half, Lafayette sank 19 of 29 shots from the floor and took a 46-26 halftime lead. They were never headed.
For Arcadia (6-4), Khalief Trawick and Aaron Lee-Webb each finished in double figures. Trawick led the way with 15 points while Lee-Webb chipped in 14.
But they were no match for the taller, deeper Leopards. Lafayette had a commanding advantage from the 3-point arc, making 9 of 22 treys (40.9 percent). Arcadia was just 4 for 15 (26.7 percent).
- Trist, Hinrichs lead Lafayette by Arcadia 86-62
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending