NEW YORK (AP)—Brandon Thompson hit seven 3-pointers en route to a career-best 23 points, grabbed six boards and had two steals to lead LIU Brooklyn to a 75-48 win over Manhattan on Sunday.
Thompson entered the game as the lone LIU Brooklyn (5-4) starter not averaging double-figure points. His seven treys are the most for the Blackbirds since Charles Jones hit eight against Wagner in 1998.
Booker Hucks came off the bench for 12 points and Jamal Olasewere had 11 points and a game-high nine boards for LIU Brooklyn, which won its fifth straight after opening the season with four consecutive losses.
After Thompson opened the second half with 3-pointers on back-to-back possessions, Manhattan’s (3-6) Michael Alvarado (10 points) made two free throws to make the score 43-33 with 14:45 remaining.
But LIU Brooklyn held Manhattan without a field goal until Andujar Emmy’s (12 points) layup with just under 6 minutes left.
- Richmond beat La Salle 83-61
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78