The Seahawks (4-4), trailing 28-23 at halftime, needed two free throws by Mario Moody with 0:26 left to force overtime. Their 13-0 run included two 3-pointers by Marcus Burton (17 points).
Coppin State (2-9) couldn’t stop Williams, who grabbed 17 rebounds. He hit 13 of 18 shots from the floor, including his only 3-point attempt, and was 6 for 8 at the line.
Trailing 37-30 after halftime, Wagner went on a 15-0 run to lead 45-37. But Coppin State rallied behind three Eagles: Andre Armstrong (14 points, including 11 for 11 at the line), Michael Murray (11 points, 10 rebounds) and Zach Burnham (10). The Eagles led 62-58 before a Williams layup—the last of 15 straight points he scored for Wagner—and Moody’s free throws forced overtime.
- How a Providence blunder let Tim Duncan get away
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win