Deng Deng scored 11 points off the bench for the 49ers (4-6).
Bracken Funk had 15 points and DeAndre Medlock 13 for the Seasiders (4-5), a Division II squad.
An 18-6 run over the last 7:16 of the first half gave Long Beach State permanent control. Caffey ignited the surge with 10 points, including two 3-pointers.
The 49ers led 43-32 at halftime, and BYU-Hawaii got no closer than seven the rest of the way.
Okesene Ale and Pablo Coro scored 12 points each for the Seasiders.
- Princeton tops Brown 83-59, remains unbeaten in Ivy League
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72