Illinois-Chicago downs Eastern Michigan 74-48Saturday, Dec 15, 2012
Barnes, who played at Eastern Michigan in the 2008-09 season, hit 6 of 13 3-pointers and 10 of 18 shots overall from the field. Illinois-Chicago (9-1) shot 12 of 29 from beyond the arc, including 9 of 13 in the second half, to win its eighth game in a row.
Gary Talton added 12 points, seven assists, six rebounds and four steals for the Flames.
Glenn Bryant led Eastern Michigan (6-3) with 10 points and seven rebounds. The Eagles shot just 34 percent from the field, including 1 of 10 on 3-point attempts, against an Illinois-Chicago team that came into the game ranked fifth in the nation in scoring defense (52 points per game).
- GW rallies for 67-62 win over Saint Louis in OT
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue