Denver (3-5) hit 14 3-pointers, had 20 assists as a team and forced the Mavericks to turn the ball over 17 times.
Sparked by Brett Olson’s 3-pointer with 15:06 remaining in the first half to make it 10-10, the Pioneers pulled away from Nebraska-Omaha, scoring 22 unanswered points from that point on to capture a 32-10 lead capped by Chris Udofia’s 3-pointer at the 6:05 mark. Denver led 45-15 at the half.
Denver had five other players in double figures scoring. Chase Hallam scored 12 points, Nate Engesser, Olson and Udofia each had 11 points and Cam Griffin had 10. Udofia added eight assists and three blocked shots to his point total.
Alex Welhouse scored 12 points and had six rebounds for Nebraska-Omaha (2-10).
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida