Maryland beats Monmouth 71-38 for 9th straight winBy DAVID GINSBURG, AP Sports Writer Wednesday, Dec 12, 2012
It’s the Terrapins’ longest winning streak since they won 13 consecutive Atlantic Coast Conference games en route to capturing the national championship in 2002. The current run has come entirely against non-league foes.
Dez Wells scored 10 for the Terrapins (9-1), who never trailed in handing Monmouth (5-6) its third straight lopsided defeat. The Hawks were coming off a 19-point home loss to Navy and a 52-point setback at Syracuse.
Maryland shot 58 percent to offset a season-high 23 turnovers.
After Monmouth closed to 31-23 early in the second half, the Terrapins used a 17-4 run to pull away. Faust opened the spree with a 3-pointer and Len contributed eight points, including two dunks and a follow-shot.
- Maryland beats Monmouth 71-38 for 9th straight win
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78