Dellavedova, missing his career high by one point, also had eight assists and six rebounds for the Gaels (7-2). Saint Mary’s also missed its highest-scoring game by a point; the Gaels scored 121 against Chicago State on Nov. 23, 2010.
Brad Waldow scored a career-high 21 points and James Walker III added 14 points, matching his career high. Jorden Page had 13 points and Beau Levesque had 10 points and 10 rebounds for Saint Mary’s, which shot 62 percent.
Jackson State (0-6), which has played all of its games on the road, launched a 13-0 run midway through the first half. Kelsey Howard’s layup got the Tigers within 25-19, but the Gaels ran off a 17-3 streak to put it away.
Dundrecous Nelson led the Tigers with 27 points.
- Indiana proves Kentucky win was no fluke by toppling Ohio State
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier