Jacksonville State beats Martin Methodist 79-64Tuesday, Dec 11, 2012
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP)—Darion Rackley finished with 27 points, knocking down 6 of 10 3-pointers to help Jacksonville State beat Martin Methodist 79-64 Tuesday night.
Ronnie Boggs scored 20 points and had four steals, and Tarvin Gaines added 12 points off the bench to help Jacksonville State (7-2) win its fourth game in a row.
The Gamecocks built an early lead shooting 57.1 percent (16 for 28) in the first half compared to Martin Methodist’s 36 percent (9 for 25).
Jacksonville State connected on 7 3-pointers in the first half compared to just one by Martin Methodist (6-6) as the Gamecocks took a 44-28 lead into halftime.
Jacksonville State led by as much as 28 points in the second half, running away with the victory.
The Gamecocks scored 26 points off 18 turnovers, and outscored the Indians 18-6 on fast break points.
Jeremy Rodgers led the Indians with 17 points and nine rebounds.
- Jacksonville State beats Martin Methodist 79-64
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted