The Explorers (6-1) led 64-60 with just under 3 minutes left, but Northeastern’s (4-5) Zach Stahl hit two free throws and Quincy Ford hit a jumper to tie it at 64 with 1:19 left.
Duren missed a jumper with 56 seconds left, then neither team got off a shot until Duren connected for the game-winner.
La Salle, which hit 16 3-pointers in a win over Penn State on Wednesday, hit 7 of 18 from downtown, led by Ramon Galloway’s 4 of 9 performance. Galloway led the Explorers with 24 points.
Duren, who scored a career-high 29 points in the Penn State game, had 12 on Saturday.
Reggie Spencer scored 16 points and grabbed seven rebounds for the Huskies, who have lost four straight.
- Mount St. Mary's, Md. 69, Long Island U. 91
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold