Christian Williams scored 24 points for Jackson State (0-5).
Mitchell was 6 of 9 from the field, leading five players in double figures. Alzee Williams scored 14 points, and Roger Franklin had 13 and seven rebounds. Chris Jones and Jordan Williams had 11 apiece.
Jackson State, which led at halftime 33-32, was out in front 56-52 with 11:55 to play. But the Mean Green gained control, outscoring the Tigers 31-9. The Tigers drew even at 59, but Alzee Williams made a free throw, and North Texas (4-6) took the lead for good.
Christian Williams was 6 of 11 from the field for the Tigers. Dundrecous Nelson scored 11 points. Willie Readus and Raymond Gregory had five rebounds apiece.
- Derrick Rose's brother stomps off AAU court mid-game
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72