Iowa beats Iowa State 80-71By LUKE MEREDITH, AP Sports Writer Friday, Dec 7, 2012
Freshman point guard Anthony Clemmons added a season-high 14 points and eight assists for the Hawkeyes (8-2), who also beat Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg for the first time in three tries.
Iowa blew a 10-point lead in the first half. But the Hawkeyes took control with an 8-0 run to start the second half and led the rest of the way.
Iowa improved to 7-0 at home this season, while the Cyclones (6-3) lost for the third time in five games.
Korie Lucious and Percy Gibson each scored 14 points for Iowa State. Will Clyburn, the leading scorer for the Cyclones this season, was held scoreless.
- No. 7 Spartans roll behind Summers' 26, 78-67
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee