Five players finished in double figures for the Kangaroos (4-4). Thomas Staton had 14 points, Estan Tyler scored 12, and Fred Chatmon and Nelson Kirksey had 10 points apiece. Chatmon also had a career-high 13 rebounds as Kansas City had a 41-28 edge on the boards.
Jamal Webb made 9 of his 11 shots and finished with a game-high 20 points for North Dakota. Aaron Anderson had 11 points and Josh Schuler scored 10 for UND, which has lost four in a row. The hosts made just 14 of 30 from the free-throw line.
Anderson’s layup with 5 seconds left got North Dakota within 71-70, but Tyler made two free throws for the Kangaroos. Anderson missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer for the tie.
- Mercer misses NCAAs after A-Sun disappointment
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue