The Runnin’ Bulldogs’ point total was their lowest since a 98-40 loss to No. 4 Wisconsin on Dec. 27, 2006.
Wofford (4-5) took a 17-6 lead in the first seven minutes and opened up a 12-point advantage before the Runnin’ Bulldogs (5-5) cut it to 25-18 at halftime.
A layup by Gardner-Webb’s Kevin Hartley tied the game at 42 with 4:29 left, but the Terriers held the Runnin’ Bulldogs scoreless the rest of the way. Gardner-Webb had seven missed shots and three turnovers down the stretch, while the Terriers hit 9 of 10 free throws to go along with a Skinner 3-pointer.
Tashan Newsome’s 10 points led Gardner-Webb, which shot 33.3 percent (17 of 51) and made only 2 of 18 3-pointers.
- To Indiana, from Bob Knight with love
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue