MALIBU, Calif. (AP)—Three players scored in double figures for Pepperdine, led by Jordan Baker who scored 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting including three 3-pointers and the Waves went on to defeat UC Riverside 62-40 on Wednesday night.
Lorne Jackson and Nikolas Skouen each had 11 points for Pepperdine (5-3), which shot 45.5 percent from the field, hitting 25 of 55 shots including eight 3-pointers. The Waves held UC Riverside (2-7) to just 28.6 percent from the floor, a season low for a Pepperdine opponent.
The Waves trailed 19-14 with 6:02 to play in the first half, then went on an 11-0 run to take a 25-19 lead at halftime. Pepperdine managed an 8-0 run in the first 1:37 of the second half capped by Jackson’s lay-in and never looked back.
Josh Fox had eight points and nine rebounds for the Highlanders, which didn’t have a single player in double figures scoring.
- Arizona State dominates Wake Forest 84-56
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout