The Minutemen (4-3), who led 30-29 at halftime, went on a 7-0 run to open the second half. But Northeastern (4-4) got back in it with four Huskies scoring in double figures. Reggie Spencer finished with 15 points, Quincy Ford scored 14, Demetrius Pollard chipped in 12 and Joel Smith totaled 10.
Northeastern was undone by its 3-point shooting, though, making 11.1 percent (3 of 27) of their treys. The Huskies were 2 for 11 in the first half, 1 of 16 in the second. Ford finished 2 for 8 and Pollard 1 for 7. Smith missed all six of his 3-point tries and David Walker was 0 for 4.
Morgan, meanwhile, hit 4 of 7 treys for UMass. Williams was 2 for 3.
- Turbulence at Minnesota continues with Devoe Joseph's absence
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69