Waite was 9-of-10 shooting and converted all five free-throw attempts. The 6-foot-3 forward has 554 career rebounds and ranks fifth all-time at Monmouth (5-3).
Andrew Nicholas, who entered the game as Monmouth’s leading scorer with 15.3 points per game, added 19 points and eight rebounds for the Hawks, who have won four straight games after opening the season 1-3.
Monmouth led 38-28 at intermission behind 17 first-half points from Waite and shot 55.6 percent (15 of 27) in the second half to pull away.
The Hawks led 73-56 after two free throws from Nicholas.
Nicholas also had five steals for Monmouth, which forced 21 turnovers and has induced 20-plus turnovers in seven of its first eight games.
Freshman Jordan Reed led the Bearcats (2-7) with 26 points.
- Notre Dame's Mike Brey may be wearing a kilt on the sidelines
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics