Texas-Arlington beats Texas-Pan American 60-51Monday, Dec 3, 2012
Edwards was 6 of 7 from the field and his seven rebounds tied Karol Gruszecki and Jordan Reves for the team high. Gruszecki scored 12 points and Kevin Butler had 11 points for the Mavericks (4-2).
Brandon Provost led all scorers with 18 points for Texas-Pan American (2-6), but he was the only Broncs player to finish in double figures. Texas-Pan American shot just 32 percent from the field.
The Mavericks never trailed and led 30-22 at the half. It was a five-point game with 3:35 left but Edwards’ only 3-pointer of the game made it 55-47 Mavericks with 2:12 to play.
- No. 3 Indiana beats No. 1 Michigan 81-73
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win