Kansas State beats South Carolina-Upstate 72-53By ASHLEY DUNKAK, Associated Press Sunday, Dec 2, 2012
Thomas Gipson added 11 points for the Wildcats (6-1), who led 36-20 at halftime and scored the first seven points of the second half. McGruder hit four free throws after drives to the basket and Will Spradling made a 3-pointer.
Jodd Maxey scored 13 points for the Spartans (3-5), and Torrey Craig added 12 points. The Spartans struggled to contain Kansas State’s forwards throughout the game. Later in the second half, Adrian Diaz added three baskets in quick succession to increase the Wildcats’ advantage to 56-31 with 13:21 to play.
After a basket by McGruder gave Kansas State a 58-31 lead, big men D.J. Johnson, Nino Williams, Gipson and Diaz scored the next 14 points for the Wildcats.
- Jackson, Quinnipiac outlast Monmouth (N.J.), 72-70
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- No. 5 Xavier finds shooting touch in 74-57 blowout at Butler
- No. 10 West Virginia routs TCU 73-42
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma