Turk scores 19 as Loyola-Chicago tops Furman 77-50Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
CHICAGO (AP)—Devon Turk came off the bench to score 19 points, including five 3-pointers, as Loyola of Chicago defeated Furman 77-50 Saturday.
The Ramblers (6-2), who won their fourth straight, blew open a close game by shooting 65 percent from the field in the second half, including 8 of 14 on 3-point attempts. Overall, they were 11 of 24 from 3-point range.
After Furman (2-5) opened the second half with a basket to tie the score at 29-all, Loyola scored 20 straight points over the next seven minutes to take a 49-29 lead with 12:12 remaining.
Jordan Hicks added 12 points for Loyola, Ben Averkamp had 10 and Cully Payne had nine assists.
Charlie Reddick scored 12 points to lead Furman, which shot 36 percent from the field and committed 20 turnovers. Larry Wideman added 11 points and Kendrec Ferrara had 10.
- Turk scores 19 as Loyola-Chicago tops Furman 77-50
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56