Colorado State beats Evansville 79-72By DALE BUBLITZ, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
Greg Smith had 19 points and eight rebounds for Colorado State (6-0). Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green also had 16 points for the Rams, which is off to their best start since 2005-06. Colorado State extended its home winning streak to 17.
D.J. Balentine led Evansville (4-3) with a career-high 26 points. Colt Ryan added a season-high 20 and the Purple Aces had their four-game winning streak snapped.
Evansville made four 3-pointers in the last five minutes when the Purple Aces nearly erased an 18-point second half deficit.
- George Mason knocks off Saint Francis (PA) 58-46
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown