Charleston Southern dominates Barber-Scotia 101-69Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
CHARLSETON, S.C. (AP)—Arlon Harper scored 23 points to lead five players in double figures as Charleston Southern dominated NAIA’s Barber-Scotia 101-69 on Saturday.
Saah Nimley finished with 16 points and Cedrick Bowen added 10 points for Charleston Southern (2-5).
Joe Williams and Paul Gombwer came off the bench for the Buccaneers scoring 15 and 12 respectively.
Charleston Southern opened the game on a 24-5 run to dominate the first half.
Harper scored 17 points in the first half and went 3 of 3 from behind the arc to help Charleston Southern lead at halftime 49-29.
Barber-Scotia shot the ball poorly as the Buccaneers continued their hot shooting in the second half.
Charleston Southern shot 58.6 percent (34 for 58) for the game compared to Barber-Scotia’s 41.3 percent (26 for 63).
Damian McLendon led Barber-Scotia with 15 points, while the other starters scored five points total.
- Charleston Southern dominates Barber-Scotia 101-69
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold