VERMILLION, S.D. (AP)—Ceola Clark’s basket as time ran out gave Western Illinois a 73-71 win over South Dakota Thursday night.
South Dakota never led in the game, but Juevol Myles hit a 3 with 7 seconds left to finally draw South Dakota even at 71 before Clark’s game-winner from the lane. Clark finished 8 of 13 from the floor, including 4 of 8 from 3-point range.
Clark led the Leathernecks (4-3) with 20 points in the Summit League opener for both teams. Don McAvoy III added 16 points, Terell Parks 14 and Jordan Foster scored 11.
Myles had 21 points, 15 of them in the second half, for the Coyotes (3-4). Karim Rowson added 19 points—17 in the second half.
The Leathernecks led 31 -19 at the half, but South Dakota, which shot 27 percent in the first half, hit 64 percent in the second half to get back into it.
- Nick Calathes chooses door No. 3: Greece
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72