North Dakota State routs Nebraska-Omaha 95-51Thursday, Nov 29, 2012
FARGO, N.D. (AP)—Taylor Braun scored 26 points and nine rebounds, both game highs, and North Dakota State used great 3-point shooting to rout Nebraska-Omaha 95-51 Thursday night in the Summit League opener for both teams.
Braun was 7 of 9 from behind the arc and North Dakota State was 15 of 25, or 60 percent. NDSU shot 58 percent overall from the field.
TrayVonn Wright and Marshall Bjorklund scored 14 points and Lawrence Alexander added 13 points for the Bison (6-2).
Justin Simmons scored 14 for the Mavericks (2-6), who were playing their first Summit League game. Nebraska-Omaha moved up from Division II.
Though this was their first Summit League meeting, the schools have played 68 games dating to the 1935-36 season. North Dakota State has won 40 times.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58