LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Will Neighbour had 14 points and 11 rebounds Thursday night and UALR defeated Troy 58-56 in the Sun Belt Conference opener for both schools.
Leroy Isler had 12 points and nine rebounds, Taggart Lockhart had 11 points and James White scored 10 for UALR (5-3)
Hunter Williams had 11 points and seven assists for Troy (4-4). Williams’ 3-pointer with 10.7 seconds left got Troy within 57-56. Josh Hagins made one of two free throws for UALR, giving Troy a chance to tie or win, but the last shot fell short.
Emil Jones scored 10 points and Ray Chambers had eight points and 11 rebounds for Troy, which led 33-28 at halftime.
UALR was 14 of 22 from the free-throw line. Troy was 2 for 2, both by Justin Wright in the first half.
- Portland State tops Eastern Washington 89-80
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72