Fairleigh Dickinson beats Saint Peter’s 66-61Wednesday, Nov 28, 2012
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP)—Kinu Rochford came off the bench to score 19 points and grab 10 rebounds and Melquan Bolding added 18 points to help Fairleigh Dickinson beat Saint Peter’s 66-61 Wednesday night in nonconference action.
After Rochford’s layup cut Fairleigh Dickinson’s (3-3) deficit to one, 49-48, Lonnie Robinson’s 3 gave the Knights a 51-49 lead with 7:22 remaining. The Knights would never trail again.
Blaise Ffrench’s layup with 31 seconds left cut Saint Peter’s (3-3) deficit to three, 62-59, but Rochford and Bolding would go 4 of 6 from the stripe the rest of the way to seal the victory.
Ffrench led St. Peter’s with 17 points. Desi Washington chipped in 13 points.
Darius Conley finished in double figures for the Peacocks with 10 points and seven rebounds.
After starting the season 0-3, the Knights have now won three in a row.
- Thanks to Marcus Jordan, did Nike just steal UCF from Adidas?
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team