Scarver, Marshall defeat Morehead State 70-67Wednesday, Nov 28, 2012
Nigel Spikes and DeAndre Kane scored 13 points apiece for the Thundering Herd (4-3).
After a back-and-fourth first half, Devon Atkinson’s jumper drew Morehead State within 54-52 with 4:03 remaining in the second half. But Scarver hit his lone 3-pointer and Kane converted a fast-break layup to put Marshall up 59-52.
Morehead State (4-3) attempted to rally but Marshall hit 11 free throws over the final 1:17 to put the game away. Scarver had 10 of those free throws while Tinnon had the other.
Marshall has won 12 of the last 14 meetings, including the last 10 at home, against Morehead State. The Thundering Herd shot just 33.3 percent (20 of 60) but outrebounded Morehead State 53-46.
Jarrett Stokes led Morehead State 14 points.
- The sad story of ex-Oklahoma State coach Sean Sutton
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold