LIU Brooklyn knocks off Columbia 70-61 for 1st winWednesday, Nov 28, 2012
NEW YORK (AP)—Julian Boyd scored 19 points and LIU Brooklyn knocked off Columbia 70-61 Wednesday night for the Blackbirds’ first win of the season.
Jamal Olasewere and Jason Brickman added 16 points apiece for LIU Brooklyn (1-4), which extended its winning streak at the Wellness Recreation and Athletic Center to 28 games.
The Blackbirds, coming off a 104-75 loss at No. 8 Kentucky, led by seven in the first half.
After the Lions (4-3) pulled ahead 31-30 with 15:38 to go, LIU Brooklyn pulled away with a 7-0 run, capped by a 3-pointer by Brickman, who also had six assists.
Columbia threatened once more, with Mark Cisco’s tip-in trimming the lead to 42-41. The Blackbirds answered with two Boyd free throws and another Brickman 3-pointer, and the Lions never got within four again.
LIU Brooklyn shot 61.1 percent after halftime (11 of 18).
Cisco led Columbia with 18 points and 13 rebounds.
- A look back at the bizarre recruiting odyssey of DeAndre Daniels
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- No. 2 Maryland loses at home to Wisconsin, 70-57
- Crazy play, crazier win: Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia at buzzer
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon