North Florida defeats Bethune-Cookman 71-65Tuesday, Nov 27, 2012
The Ospreys (2-4), coming off a 75-67 loss at Florida State, led by 17 with 3:47 remaining. The Wildcats (2-5) closed with a 16-5 run, capped by two consecutive 3-pointers by Kevin Dukes in the last 24 seconds.
Leading 10-9 early, North Florida pulled away with a 14-1 run. The Ospreys kept the lead in double-digits until the last 1:18, with Bethune-Cookman closing to 32-26 at the half.
Smith, who was averaging 4.2 treys per game, hit 6 of 9 from beyond the arc and Travis Wallace added 14 points on 6-of-10 shooting.
Adrien Coleman led Bethune-Cookman with 21 points, including 11-of-18 shooting from the free-throw line, and 11 rebounds. Dukes finished with 16 points and Paul Scotland 11 in the second meeting between the programs.
- Picking the 'best 64' doesn't make for a better tournament
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56