WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP)—Keith Rendleman scored 23 points and pulled down 15 rebounds and Freddie Jackson made a go-ahead layup with 1:02 left to play as UNC Wilmington defeated Hampton 61-60 Sunday in the final game of the Nations of Coaches Classic.
Jackson finished with 12 and Tanner Milson added 10 points for the Seahawks (3-3), who won despite shooting 4 of 22 from 3-point range.
Hampton (0-4) led for all but 1 minute of the second half before Shane Reybold’s layup cut what was a three-point deficit to one, 60-59, with 1:37 left to play.
The Pirates missed a jumper on the other end and Rendleman grabbed one of his 10 second-half rebounds to set up Jackson’s go-ahead layup.
The Seahawks held Hampton without a shot attempt over the final minute to seal the win.
David Bruce paced Hampton with 13 points and Dwight Meikle pulled down 11 boards.
- Introducing a T-shirt site only a Duke fan could love
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Ellis has double-double for No. 7 Kansas in 75-56 win at TCU
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M