Duren sent the game to overtime with a game-tying 26-foot 3-pointer with six seconds left in regulation. Ramon Galloway scored a game-high 26 points for La Salle (3-1), which snapped a 10-game losing streak to their in-state rival.
Mouphtaou Yarou scored 20 points and JayVaughn Pinkston had 19 for the Wildcats (3-3), who led by as many as 11 points in the second half.
Yarou’s short jumper put Villanova ahead 74-70 with 2:24 left in overtime. But La Salle scored the next three points, on Galloway’s free throw and Rohan Brown’s layup, to pull within 74-73 with 58 seconds left. Villanova turned it over on its next possession and Duren scored off an assist from D.J. Peterson to seal the win for La Salle.
- Christian Laettner's mom cried when he chose Duke over UNC
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72